Monday 18 February 2013

Peaceful Warrior

This morning I woke up in such a miserable mood; my mind was victimising me. I was angry about past events and I was very unsure about where exactly I'm going in life and what my future holds. The fear that was building up inside of me soon became so overwhelming, it gave way for my emotions to take over. Life just felt so pointless. I was another soul merely just existing, not living. So I had a meltdown. I had reached a very vulnerable state, and it was when I was at my most vulnerable point that I connected with myself and life on a deeper level than I ever have before. After a much needed stroll outside, I decided to go back into the house and not think about anything or anyone but just completely empty my mind from unnecessary thoughts that rob me daily from inner peace. I then got myself cosy in the couch with my leopard print blanket over me and the chocolate biscuits in good reach, and watched a movie called Peaceful Warrior that my sister had advised me to watch for weeks saying it has changed her outlook on life. So I watched the film...now my perspective on happiness will never be the same again! Such an inspirational movie.

The battles we fight are not on the outside but on the inside, in our minds. Mind control is the first step to happiness, learning to clear the mind from unruly thoughts that stop us from living in and enjoying the moment. Live in the now and enjoy the present moment...I've heard this so many times before but I finally get it now.



“. . . Action always happens in the present, because it is an expression of the body, which can only exist in the here and now. But the mind is like a phantom that lives only in the past or future. It's only power over you is to draw your attention off the present.” 

 ― Dan Millman, Way of the Peaceful Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment